USD 410 board of education accepted the resignation of Marci Heidebrecht following an executive session.
The school board met in a special session Aug. 19, and accepted the resignation of the longtime technology assistant.
In other business:
- Construction projects at Hillsboro High School and Hillsboro Elementary School are nearing completion but were not completed as hoped at the start of school. Students are able to use the new science room, preschool classes started in the new classroom Monday, but superintendent Doug Huxman said he wasn’t sure when the elementary school cafeteria will be ready for students.
- New technology director Jason Henry presented a progress report.
- The 2008-09 budget was approved as presented.
- An executive session for acquisition of property was held with no decisions.
- The regular school board meeting is at 7 p.m. Sept. 8 in the Wiebe Media Center at Hillsboro High School.