Campus, Wichita events mark Tabor homecoming
Sports, food, arts events, and more will be part of Tabor College homecoming events Friday and Saturday in Wichita and Hillsboro.
A golf tournament at Reflection Ridge Golf Club, 7700 W. Reflection Rd., Wichita, will kick off festivities Friday, with registration at 8 a.m. and a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
A festival dinner and alumni awards will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Hyatt Regency, 400 W. Waterman St., Wichita.
Tabor volleyball will take on McPherson College at 7 p.m. in the college gymnasium.
Sweet-toothed homecoming celebrants wearing Tabor blue can get free donuts at 10 p.m. at Druber’s Donut Shop in Newton.
Saturday festivities in Hillsboro begin with Kids Zone activities at 9 a.m. in the Campus Recreation Center.
Saturday on-campus events include:
- Kids Zone activities at 9 a.m. in the Campus Recreation Center.
- Homecoming Music Fest at 10 a.m. at Wohlgemuth Music Education Center Rehearsal Hall.
- Katie Funk Wiebe Writing Center dedication and reception from 10 a.m. to noon in the H.W. Lohrenz building.
- “Science in the Extreme at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station,” presentation by Ken Ratzlaff in Room 103 of the Solomon L. Loewen Natural Science Center.
- Dutch lunch, pizza, and class reunions from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the college gymnasium.
- Tabor football will play Kansas Wesleyan at 2 p.m. at Wiens Stadium.
A complete schedule of events, displays, and presentions can be found at www.tabor.edu/homecoming.
Last modified Oct. 18, 2017