County youths win at state livestock show
Five Marion County youths earned awards at the Kansas Junior Livestock show Oct. 2 to 4 in Hutchinson.
- Cailey Barney, of Tampa, won 4th in class 5, commercial ewe lamb, and 7th in class 22, blackface market lamb.
- Ava Case, of Hillsboro, won 3rd in class 13, commercial gilt, 4th in class 14, commercial gilt, 5th in class 15, blackface market lamb and 6th in class 15’ blackface market lamb.
- Hanne McDermott, of Ramona, won 11th in class 12, commercial doe kid, 8th in class 13, meat goat meat goat, and 8th in class 14, meat goat meat goat.
- Ashley Peters, of Lehigh, won 3rd in class 8, meat goat meat goat, and 4th in intermediate goat showmanship,
- Landon Roberts, of Hillsboro, won 2nd in class 13, blackface market lamb, 2nd in class 14, commercial gilt, 2nd in class 20, blackface market lamb, 4th in class 11, dark cross market barrow, 5th in class 16, dark cross market barrow, and 5th in class 24, commercial gilt.
Kansas Livestock Association and Kansas State University sponsor the show along with Cargill, Merck Animal Health, Seaboard Foods, Kansas Farm Bureau and Farm Bureau Financial Services, Friends of KJLS, the Kansas Department of Agriculture, and American AgCredit.