Broadcasts about these fire and ambulance calls were monitored this past week by the newspaper:
3:52 a.m. — A man who knocked over his wheelchair, which then blocked him into a bathroom at a farmhouse near 140th and Indigo Rd., was freed by two sheriff’s deputies and Hillsboro ambulance attendants. Peabody ambulance initially was paged, but the call was redirected to Hillsboro ambulance. The man declined to be taken to a hospital.
8:42 a.m. — A woman in her 40s feeling lightheaded and dizzy at Container Services in Hillsboro declined to be taken to a hospital by Hillsboro ambulance.
10:22 a.m. — An approximately 80-year-old woman who fell in the 1100 block of Denver St. in Marion was taken to St. Luke Hospital, Marion, by Marion ambulance.
11:13 a.m. — A different St. Luke patient was transferred by Marion ambulance to Newton Medical Center.
3:26 p.m. — A 64-year-old man suffering a possible allergic reaction to new medication at a farm near 280th and Upland Rds. declined to be taken to a hospital by Marion ambulance. Lincolnville first responders were paged but did not answer.
5:17 p.m. — A 90-year-old man fell at Parkside Homes assisted living. Hillsboro ambulance was dispatched, but the disposition of the call was not recorded on either of the newspaper’s monitoring systems.
7:16 p.m. — A report of gas leaking at a house near Lakeshore Dr. and Prairie Ln. at Marion County Lake was investigated by Marion firefighters, who spent less than 20 minutes at the house.
5:26 p.m. — Leaves being burned, presumably illegally, by a property owner or renter in the 200 block of S. Freeborn St. in Marion were extinguished within three minutes by Marion firefighters.
9:40 p.m. — A lethargic 79-year-old man with abnormal breathing at a farmhouse near US-77/Yarrow Rd. and 50th Rd. was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance. Peabody ambulance also responded.
8:51 p.m. — A 77-year-old man was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from Hillsboro Community Hospital to Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, Wichita.
11:06 a.m. — A 96-year-old woman suffering from extremely low blood sugar was taken by Marion ambulance to St. Luke from the 400 block of Locust St. in Marion.
1:14 p.m. — An 80-year-old woman having trouble breathing was taken by Marion ambulance to St. Luke from the 700 block of Weldon St. in Marion
12:08 p.m. — A 90-year-old woman who fell at Parkside Homes assisted living declined to be taken to a hospital by Hillsboro ambulance.
6:28 p.m. — An emotionally disturbed man waving a pistol in traffic near C and Ash Sts. was subdued by Hillsboro police and sheriff’s deputies using an electroshock weapon. Hillsboro ambulance checked the person before police took him to HCH. He was transferred the next day to Marion County Jail.
7:55 p.m. — An unconscious or incoherent 66-year-old man at a farmhouse near 290th and Xavier Rds. was taken by Marion ambulance to Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Hospital, Wichita. Lincolnville first responders and Tampa ambulance helped with the call.
3:39 a.m. — A 92-year-old man suffering from shortness of breath and dizziness was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance from Bethesda Home, Goessel, to McPherson Center for Health.
11:09 a.m. — A 65-year-old man unconscious and receiving cardiopulmonary resuscitation after falling from a tree near North Ave. and Main St. in Lehigh was taken by Hillsboro ambulance to Wesley Medical Center, Wichita,. Lehigh firefighters and the county’s ambulance director assisted.
12:09 p.m. — A small grass fire in a ditch at 210th and Chisholm Trail Rd. was quickly extinguished by the Lehigh firefighter who reported it. Hillsboro, Durham, and Goessel firefighters were called but not needed.
3:10 p.m. — An HCH patient was transferred by Hillsboro ambulance to Kansas Heart Hospital, Wichita.
5:09 p.m. — An HCH patient was transferred by Marion ambulance to Hutchinson Regional Hospital.
2:33 p.m. — A man feeling dizzy and throwing up at Oakwood Manor apartments in Hillsboro was taken to HCH by Hillsboro ambulance.
1:29 p.m. — A 90-year-old woman who fell in a parking lot at Dollar General in Marion was taken to St. Luke by Marion ambulance.
5:09 p.m. — An 89-year-old woman being treated at St. Luke for a fall was transferred by Marion ambulance to Newton Med.
6:07 p.m. — A broken propane barbecue grill on fire near a house in the 700 block of E. Main St. in Marion was quickly extinguished by the first Marion firefighters to arrive.
Last modified March 17, 2022