Father Emil Kapaun
- Kapaun’s remains will be ceremonially loaded onto an American Airlines Boeing 777 designated as “Shepherd One.” This is the same aircraft that was used to transport Pope Francis in 2015. Seat 1A will remain vacant in honor of Pope Francis and Chaplain Emil Kapaun.
- The flight from Honolulu National Airport will arrive in Dallas at 7:23 a.m.
- 10:32 a.m. — Shepherd One will depart from Dallas for Eisenhower National Airport in Wichita.
- 11:45 a.m. — An honor guard of American Legion and Patriot Guard riders will leave the Wichita airport for Pilsen and assemble outside the town at 1 p.m.
- 11:54 a.m. — Shepherd One will arrive at Eisenhower National Airport.
- 12:30 p.m. — A motorcade with Father Emil Kapaun’s hearse, driven by Mike Bina, will leave Wichita for Pilsen.
- 1:45 to 2 p.m. — Father Emil Kapaun’s hearse is set to arrive in Pilsen. His casket will be escorted into St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church and placed before the altar. Viewing will be open to visitors until 9 p.m. at the discretion of the parish.
- 10:30 a.m. — Mass reserved for parishioners in honor of Father Kapaun and men and women who have died serving their country.
- 2 to 9 p.m. — Viewing at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church will be open to visitors.
Father Emil Kapaun’s hearse is set to depart for Wichita Monday for a vigil service set 7 p.m. Tuesday and a funeral Mass at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Hartman Arena.