Filing deadline for election draws near
With only days to go before the June 1 deadline to file for office, several county offices have only one candidate and some have none.
Candidates for county commission include:
- District 2: Dianne R. Novak (R), Tampa.
- District 4: Dave Crofoot (R), Marion.
- District 5: Jonah Gehring (R), Hillsboro.
Randy Dallke, District 3 commissioner, said he plans to file but has not yet done so.
Kent Becker’s seat representing District 1 is not up for election for two years.
Candidates filed for other county offices include:
- Clerk: Tina D. Spencer (R), Peabody.
- Sheriff: Robert P. Craft (R), Marion.
- Treasurer: Susan Berg, (R), Marion, and Rhonda Casey Curry (R), Florence.
County attorney and register of deeds will be on the ballot, but as of Tuesday, no one has filed for those offices.
Township offices, trustees, and treasurer positions also will also appear on the ballot.
City offices will not appear on the primary ballot unless more than three candidates file. Offices that will appear on the general ballot include three Burns council positions, two Hillsboro council positions, Ramona mayor, and two Ramona council positions.
The deadline to register to vote in the primary election is July 14.
The primary election will be Aug. 4.
The general election will be Nov. 3.