ARCHIVE

  • Last modified 212 days ago (Dec. 12, 2019)

MORE

Fire victim's cause of death confirmed

Carbon monoxide poisoning and severe burns were listed as the cause of death of a Marion man who died in a house fire last week, said an employee at Frontier Forensics in Kansas City.

Howard O’Connor, 47, of was killed at his home in the 200 block of N. Cedar St.

O’Connor, who was an Army veteran, had family members living in Marion and Hillsboro.

His obituary appears in today’s edition of the Marion County Record.

Kansas’ Office of the State Fire Marshal closed the investigation, and classified the fire as accidental. Further details were not available.

The Dec. 3 fire lasted several hours, and Marion Fire Department received assistance fighting the fire from Hillsboro, Florence, and Lincolnville.

A passer-by first called the incident in to 9-1-1 at 2:54 p.m. Dec. 3, and firefighters discovered at 3:09 p.m. that there was still someone inside.

Last modified Dec. 12, 2019

 

X

BACK TO TOP