Foundation grants $12,000 to area groups
Hillsboro Community Foundation has given grants totaling $12,000 to 13 organizations in and around Hillsboro from its Hillsboro Area Impact Fund.
Recipients will be recognized at halftime of the Hillsboro High School varsity boys’ basketball game Friday at home against Kingman, foundation chairman Keith Harder said. The checks for the grants will be presented during a reception at 6 p.m. in the Hillsboro Middle School lobby.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Marion County — $500.
- Families and Communities Together — $1,500.
- Goessel AGAPE Incorporated — $500.
- Hillsboro Elementary School After-school Program — $750.
- Hillsboro Chess Guild — $350.
- Hillsboro Convention and Visitors Bureau — $500.
- Hillsboro Fire Department — $1,200.
- Hillsboro Police Department — $900.
- Hillsboro Public Library — $500.
- Hillsboro Recreation Commission — $1,000.
- Hillsboro Senior Center — $2,000.
- Main Street Ministries — $1,800.
- Tabor College Theater Department — $500.
In its fourth year providing grants, Hillsboro Area Impact Fund has made grants totaling $33,000 to 18 groups.