Goessel school board approves special meeting
Goessel School Board scheduled a special meeting for 7 p.m. Oct. 29 for approving the bid list Josh Walker of Loyd Builders plans to submit to the board for the school’s new addition.
“Bids for the project were sent out today,” Superintendent John Fast said on Tuesday. “Today was our pre bid meeting. Bids are due to Loyd Builders Oct. 22.”
In other school improvements, USD 411 also recently upgraded their 30 mg line to a 50 mg line with Moundridge Telephone Internet.
“This should dramatically improve the capacity of our Internet connection,” Fast said.
Reports and presentations
- The board approved the Knudsen and Monroe audit report.
- A junior high and high school report was given in which the board was informed that the high school volleyball team recently became league champions for the fourth year in a row.
- Vocal music instructor Andrew Voth gave the board a teacher presentation in which he told of his background and had a chance to talk about goals he has for students.
- The board also heard about Fire Chief Larry Jay’s visit to the school on Fire Prevention week where he spoke with students about the importance of fire safety.
- In other reports, the board learned there is a high school music concert Oct. 22 and Parent/Teacher conferences are Oct. 24.