The board of directors of Marion County Special Education Cooperative met Sept. 22 at the USD 398 central office in Peabody.
Board members took a tour of the new CLASS facilities at Peabody-Burns Elementary School.
In other business:
- Staff resignations were accepted for Mike Calhoun and Denise Klein.
- Classified staff appointments were John Mulvenon, Aubrey Koehn, Brenda Bartel, Elizabeth Sullivan, Melissa Kruse, and Karin Nelson.
- Contracts were approved with Rescare and Prairie View.
- Wooden steps that were used by CLASS students for mounting horses were donated to Marion County Quail Forever.
- Helen Duerksen was appointed deputy board clerk and Elizabeth Sullivan was appointed as deputy board treasurer.
- The board met for 27 minutes in executive sessions to discuss matters related to non-elected personnel with executive director Chris Cezar in attendance. The meeting reconvened with no decisions.
- The next regular board meeting is at 7 p.m. Oct. 20 at the special education board office at Florence.