100 years ago
july 3, 1919
About the first of July or sooner a new grocery firm will open for business in the Schoneman building just east from the Rolley Café.
The new firm is composed of Fred Oyer and Lawrence Riggs who have purchased the grocery department of the Loveless-Seneker Mercantile Co.
The Loveless-Seneker store is discontinuing the grocery line to make room for added stock and improvements in the ladies’ ready-to-wear department.
The Christian Church has purchased the south part of the Powers property. This gives them the whole corner from the Ekeler place north and extends back to the street on the east.
The part originally purchased did not carry with it the whole of the building.
The church has not yet completed plans for the improvement of the property but will in some way provide on this place for the needs of the church, in the matter of a church building and parsonage.
Mr. McCullough, who recently purchased the Hoch blacksmith corner, is here this week preparing to build his gas and oil filling station immediately.
Last modified July 1, 2019