Octoberfest, is Saturday in Lincolnville
Every year, the annual Lincolnville Octoberfest provides a lot of activities and entertainment for youngsters, and this year is no different.
Children’s activities begin at 10 a.m. Saturday with the crowning of princes and princesses at Lombard and Main Sts. They will ride in the 11 a.m. parade.
At 11:45 a.m., a pumpkin- decorating contest will begin in the park. Winners will be announced at 1 p.m.
A pop-a-shot contest will be at the basketball court at 1 p.m.
Little Apple Amusements will provide train rides and a kids’ carnival, including an 18-foot slide.
Tricycle races will be at 2 p.m., followed by ventriloquist Kevin Horner on stage at 3 p.m. Horner uses a variety of puppits including Twinkie the rabbit; Coconuts, a gorilla; and Sheldon, a turtle.
A talent show for all ages will be at 4 p.m. Call city hall at (620) 924-5208 to pre-register.
Other musical entertainment will be the Alex Stuchlik Polka Band at 9:30 a.m., John Richard at 12 p.m., and the Goode Company Band at 1 p.m.
Meals at the community building
- Breakfast, 8 to 10 a.m. — biscuits and gravy by the Centre High School sophomore class.
- Lunch, 12 p.m. — by Centre After-Prom Committee.
- Evening meal, 5 p.m. — by Boy Scouts.
- Fun run, 8 a.m., registration 7:30 a.m.
- Blue rock shoot, 1 to 5:30 p.m.
- Beer garden, 6 p.m.
- Vendors and crafters in the park all day.
- Evening dance, 8 p.m.: $5 per person, $8 per couple, 12-and-under free with paid adult. Darcy Unruh of Hillsboro will be the DJ. A drawing will be held for a TV.
Clues for finding a hidden medallion will be provided every hour beginning at noon.
Hourly prize drawings also will begin at noon.
A fire pit and electronic tablet will be awarded in a grand prize drawing at 5 p.m. The Blue Rock Shoot participants will have a drawing for a gun at 5:30 p.m.