Marion County sales tax receipts in February were $49,966, a decrease of $2,989 from the same period in 2009.
Overall, sales tax collection in Marion County is down about 6 percent from 2009. Deputy County Clerk Tina Spencer presented the sales tax report Friday to Marion County Commissioners.
In other business:
- If Marion and Dickinson counties enter an interlocal agreement for extension services, it would likely be up to the county extension councils to make the agreement, according to an e-mail from Director of Administration for Dickinson County Brad Homman.
- Cardie Oil Company of Tampa will provide 6,550 gallons of off-road diesel to the county for $13,771. Cooperative Grain and Supply of Hillsboro bid $13,943.
- Road and Bridge Superintendent Jim Herzet met with commissioners in closed session for 20 minutes to discuss personnel. No action was taken on return to open session.
- Engineering firm Kirkham Michael is inspecting county roads for a haul route for TransCanada’s Keystone Pipeline.
- The County Seat of Marion will re-carpet the county attorney’s office for $1,800. Supreme Floor Co., of Hillsboro, bid $1,995.
- Commissioners met in closed session for 25 minutes to discuss personnel at Commission Chairman Randy Dallke’s request. No action was taken on return to open session.
The next commission meeting will be Monday.