• Last modified 691 days ago (March 5, 2020)


Start your small engines

Staff writer

After months of discussion, all-terrain vehicles, golf carts, utility vehicles, and micro-utility trucks are now allowed on Hillsboro streets.

The city’s police department has inspection and application forms and is ready to do business.

Vehicles must be inspected by the police department and an application for their use must be approved.

As required by city ordinance, the vehicles must have brake lights, head lights, and turn signals.

Owners wanting to use the vehicles on city streets must also have insurance on them.

Because Tabor College uses so many golf carts for campus business, the zoning area around the college is exempt from the lights requirement.

To make an appointment to have a vehicle inspected, or for more information, call the police department at (620) 947-3440.

Last modified March 5, 2020