A toddler who wandered away from his Marion home March 9 for the third time in a month and a half was turned over to state authorities.
Marion police are declining to talk about the case.
“It involves a juvenile and is ongoing,” Marion police chief Clinton Jeffrey said. “I will not be releasing any information.”
Last week, the 2-year-old, who lives in 400 block of S. Cedar St., was found near Lincoln and Nickerson Sts. He was turned over to the state’s Juvenile Intake and Assessment System.
He first wandered away from home Feb. 1. He was wearing warm pajamas and was less than 100 feet from his home when a neighbor spotted him and contacted police.
He was returned to his family, and Department for Children and Families was contacted.
Two weeks later, he again wandered away, and this time crossed streets. He was found in the 300 block of S. Lincoln St. His grandmother retrieved him.
At that time, Jeffrey said, DCF was contacted to provide the family with assistance so this type of incident would not happen again.