Winning recipes in holiday contest
oven-roasted sweet potatoes and onions
- 4 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2¼ pounds)
- 2 medium Oso Sweet or other sweet onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp garlic-pepper blend (such as McCormick)
- ½ tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a 13x9 inch pan and bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes six servings (serving size: one cup.)
Amber Hancock’s cake balls
- 1 box of cake mix of your choice
- 1 jar of frosting of your choice
- 1 package of almond bark, white or chocolate
Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Let cake bake then crumble in a large bowl. Add jar of frosting to bowl and hand mix together. Make balls from mixture and freeze or chill. Then melt almond bark in a double boiler and dip chilled ball mixture into almond bark. Let balls cool.
Hancock’s favorite combinations
Red velvet cake mix with cream cheese frosting and chocolate bark.
Spice cake with cream cheese frosting and white chocolate.
Last modified Dec. 30, 2014